Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Philadelphia’s "City Tap House"

Philadelphia’s City Tap House

University City, Walnut St.


 

Today, I just got a new roommate and, I was itching to get out and do something, To do a little taste bud exploration … We set out looking for another Restaurant, but failed to find it. I set back a bit and visited once again a place that I find inviting and unique, to the sports Bar setting…It is called The City Tap Room off of Walnut St. in University City in Philly.40th and Walnut. Next to Bobbies Burger paradise. You walk in and, the restaurant comes alive to your senses. To the left there is a garden patio that over looks the city. The Bar is about 150ft round. There is an open kitchen to gaze at the Chef’s doing there Chefie thing.. Very Cool.. I am not a big drinker But, I do love to have a good beer that accompanies my meal with some great friends. They have a selection of beers that are brewed right here in Philadelphia.. There are so many style’s and, the names of them sometimes cracks me up… (like Victory Monkey Beer) LOL …

I went this time with my new roommate and was handed the new menu.. They made a few changes. And as far as I can see, they did a great job at it.. I choose a Rib-eye steak on a soft French Baguette rolls. The Steak was sliced nice and thin to enhance the flavor more... It had fine sliced fried onion strings, a fondue Cheese sauce with bourbon and I choose to have the Sweet Potato Fries with a honey mustard bourbon sauce… I coupled that up with a local beer that had a hint of honey/Cherry and a soft amber taste… Outstanding.. This is the second time I have been here and, they have always made my 5 senses come alive and look outside the culinary box.

Smell, Sight, Taste, hearing….LOVE (-:

The staff is always extremely informational and loving.. Is there a better place to go where you find great food, Friends and Game’s to watch on several Big Screen TV’s around the Restaurant. ?! If so let me know, and I will travel there.. The next time I go, I am going to be kicking it… out on the Garden patio…That would be a great spot to have a gathering of Friends and a Family reunion..

Just a note; I did find the original Restaurant I wanted to go. I will tell you about that soon... (-:

Now, Until we meet again~~ Many journey's into the Love, Style and Taste of food around you...
God Bless
Chef. Eddie A. Elsasser



A Journey of Love, Style and Taste
By Chef. Eddie A. Elsasser

No comments:

Post a Comment