Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Riverwalk Restaurant, In Tin City, Naples' Florida.


                                                       A Journey of Love, Style and Taste

By Chef. Eddie A. Elsasser

Philadelphia, USA

This site ~ This Blog is your connection into my world, and the journey, love, style and taste of the culinary creations that are around us and abroad. I am hoping by the words that I write about different places I go, will give you access and bring not only a flow of salivating to your mouth but, refuge and tastes that will captivate you and place a permanent smile on your face.…


Riverwalk Restaurant

A Restaurant at Tin City

Naples’ , FL


“Howdy ya’al“, I thought since I was traveling to the south this time, that I would appropriately walk the walk and talk the talk.. Give you that warm southern hospitality. You know, “When in Rome” (-:

This trip to Florida was particularly special to me.. It was a mix of business and pleasure. Mostly pleasure.. As you know or might not know.. I have in the last 16 months lost a total so far of 210 lbs.. Yes, very exciting and it is a new life for me. I have literally dropped 3 people from my body ..LOL …I have been offer a new chance in life and, I took it.. Grab the bull by the horns and took a ride of my life.. It was not easy to say the least.. But, I now have this new life style. I have not give up on myself and better yet, I have not given up trying new foods and I am learning new ways and techniques of doing foods.

Which brings me to this Hot Spot in Naples’, FL. The Riverwalk Restaurant is on the water front of Downtown Naples’. Right in the center of the Marina. You sit down in their no walls café and over look all the boats and jet skiing happening in the marina and out in the open waters. I love this. I grew up with having boats, fishing and claming.

As I sat down and enjoyed the scenery, I looked over the menu and, they offered a fantastic selection of items. I was looking to try something that Wowed me. I found it.. It was the

Cuban Mahi Melt, pan seared Mahi~ Mahi with olive oil, pressed with jack cheese, roasted tomato and smoked bacon on Cuban bread with a dill pickle & mustard sauce served with black beans and rice…

People, I am telling you right now that it, was the best Fish/Melt sandwich that I have ever eaten.. I was in 7th heaven on this one.. The combination of the jack cheese perfectly cooked Mahi.. You can see and tell that they took the fish off the flame just before it turned white.. That way you ensure it to be soft and moist when it gets to your guest.. Then they placed the Mahi on the Cuban bread with jack cheese… ( Now it is just starting to get exciting) and what it tasted like to me. They took the time to roast the tomato, instead of just putting a plain tomato on. That impressed me.. Then…… There was the mustard sauce. The combination with all 3 was “off the hook” as Guy Fieri would say.. I would say, It was the bomb.. Cool beans, Far out, DUDE, Like DUDE…. total awesome….I am still old school..

Now, I know a lot of people up and down the east coast and, now a few out in Central and the west coast.. I do believe that this would be a interest to you to come and experience not only Tin City and the Riverwalk.. But, Naples and southwest Florida as a whole. There is so much to do here and it is “Paradise“.. Yes, you might have been to Florida before but, I guarantee it was mostly commercial and you have not seen what Florida is all about until you come to Sarasota down to Naples’ Florida.. It is much more relaxing, enjoyable and memorable..


Now here is the site to which you can explore the journey.. And you are going to love it..



Now, Until we meet again~~ Many journey's into the Love, Style and Taste of food around you...
God Bless
Chef. Eddie A. Elsasser

No comments:

Post a Comment