Saturday, March 24, 2012

"dina !" A Restaurant and Bar

A Journey of Love, Style and Taste

By Chef. Eddie A. Elsasser

Philadelphia, USA

This site ~ This Blog is your connection into my world, and the journey, love, style and taste of the culinary creations that are around us and abroad. I am hoping by the words that I write about different places I go, will give you access and bring not only a flow of salivating to your mouth but, refuge and tastes that will captivate you and place a permanent smile on your face.…

dina!

A Restaurant and Bar.

26 Danbury Rd, (Rt. 7)
                                      Wilton, CT 06897
                                       203-834-0044

Well Hello all;

I am certainly happy that I am here with you getting some quality time with my friends to distract my thoughts from a few opportunities that come up in life.. This journey is not like any other, but in love and style just the same.. There are times in your life that you have to find out who you really are and, keep things in perspective and of Major Priority. This journey; I tend to my family and Mom.. Mom has had a wonderfully successful journey in life and as everyone has to deal with…. hard times that may arise.. She is a fighter, and has and will not give up.. I am so proud of her.. Because of her, and what God has done through her. I am able to 1. Choose the battles that come. Fight them with all heart, soul and passion.. And, giving all the glory to God. Yet, there are times where a battle will come and we have no other option but, to stand, Believe and fight!!!

While I have been here in Connecticut.. I had to find a way to turn my thoughts else where for a few.. And what better way to do that is with friends that you know and have proven in the past that they will always stand and fight with you.. So, we ended up at a place in Wilton CT, that I have heard about but, have not seen what all the hoopla is about..

“Dina! “ A cozy little place just outside of the business center of Norwalk. On (Rt. 7) I walked in and I was greeted as if I was family. The owner of this fine establishment is Dina Whieitz and the head Chef; Chef. Chimpa.. Wendy was my Bartender and a… oh so loving hostess as well…. So, I saddled up and, had a cold one popped and fizzed open.. And placed in my holster . It was a light beer… OK.. I am still watching my boyish figure.. Hummm.. Had a few hours of a little joking and banter Lots of laughs… Decided that I need to taste some of that great food I have been hearing about.. And I was starving!


I started out with an appetizer of Risotto Balls. This came with shaved parmesan, chiffonade of Basil and a Roasted Red Pepper Aioli. It was out of the ball park folks.. I am a true fan of these.. They were fried at a high heat and had a light golden brown color to them.. They were very well seasoned and the Train stopped at flavor town.. OSG.. “ Oh So Good” The Pepper Aioli and the Risotto was a great combination.

For the entrée. I went with the Seared Monkfish with Japanese soba noodle. They laid the noodles in a Yellow curry sauce with sautéed vegetables. This was very good. Very well seasoned and had a nice kick on the back of the tongue. Not too hot, but Nice. Gives you a cozy feeling.. Soba noodle is not like your normal flour and water noodle… I bet you are asking… “ What is a Soba Noodle?” Well, I am glad you asked.. The  Soba  
(そば or 蕎麦?) is the Japanese name for buckwheat. It is synonymous with a type of thin noodle made from buckwheat flour, and in Japan can refer to any thin noodle (in contrast to thick wheat noodles, known as udon). Soba noodles are served either chilled with a dipping sauce, or in hot broth as a noodle soup. It takes three months for buckwheat to be ready for harvest, so it can be harvested four times a year, mainly in spring, summer, and autumn. In Japan, buckwheat is produced mainly in Hokkaido.[1] Soba that is made with newly harvested buckwheat is called "shin-soba". It is sweeter and more flavorful than regular soba. In Japan, soba noodles are served in a variety of settings: they are a popular inexpensive fast food at train stations[2] throughout Japan, but are also served by exclusive and expensive specialty restaurants. Markets sell dried noodles[3] and men-tsuyu, or instant noodle broth, to make home preparation easy.

Buckwheat is a variety of plants in thedicot family Polygonaceae: the Eurasian genus Fagopyrum, the North American genus Eriogonum, and the Northern Hemisphere genus Fallopia. Either of the latter two may be referred to as "wild buckwheat." Despite the name, buckwheat’s are not related to wheat, as they are not cereals / grasses (family Poaceae); instead, buckwheat is related to sorrels, knotweeds, and rhubarb.
The cultivation of buckwheat grain, pseudocereal food crop, declined sharply in the 20th century in affluent regions where the usage of nitrogen fertilizer is popular

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soba

Cool Huh.. We have been “schooled” Do you feel a bit smarter now, knowing about Soba and buckwheat?.. (~: I love finding out new Didchaknows. Gives me a foot in, with creating new recipes.. This is also why I go out to other Restaurants… Not only to taste all the great food but, see all that My fellow Culinarians Chefs have discovered and created. And pass that along to you, and infuse it into my cooking.. It’s a Win~ Win dontchknow.. Well ….

There is nothing better then enjoying a great place to eat, except for having the company that you have to sharing the experience with .. I am hoping that I can get a few of you to join me in this adventurous journey and, experience it with me.. Just something to think about.. If you have a place in mind and want to join me.. Or, if you have any questions that you would like to ask of me…. Send me a message.. You can also check me out on my Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Chef-Eddies-Restaurant-and-Food-Review/237831496253637 and ask me anything you wish.. You can also tweet me.. @EddieAElsasser

Now, Until we meet again~~ Many journey's into the Love, Style and Taste of the world and food around you...
God Bless
Chef. Eddie A. Elsasser

No comments:

Post a Comment